Photos above are: 1. My diary, 2. Echino – Oilcloth, 3. Australian Autumn: Journey Bird Pouch, 4. Purple Dress Side, 5. living room, 6. no cash, no problem, 7. Junko Onishi Bag, 8. Grassy Plain apron, 9. red pile
Flickr is always full of amazing inspiration, and I’m enamored with all of the photos above.
Other things that’ve got me entertained/enticed/energized these days:
- The Moth Podcast. Do you like This American Life? You will love The Moth. Live recorded storytelling without notes by people of all ages and types. Always entertaining.
- Free: The Future of a Radical Price – a great book by Chris Anderson, author of Long Tail. It’s a pop-econ book that talks about how offering things for free is core to the new economy (think Google) and how business models are evolving to absorb this change and generate revenue in other ways. Filled with entertaining examples and relevant ideas. And, it’s free in audio format!
- The first two books in the Steig Larsson trilogy. Total summer reads. Crime/mystery novels with a female computer hacker as a main character. Awesome! The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire are the first two, and the third comes out in October.
- A peanut butter and chocolate chip burrito. No links for this one, but let me paint you a delicious, mouth-watering picture: A tortilla, a big smear of PB, and a sprinkling of semisweet chocolate chips, all rolled expertly into a flat burrito of joy. Now go make one yourself – you will not be disappointed!
- The US Open tennis tournament! I can’t pull myself away, night after night after night. I’m a week and a half in, and I’m dying for it to be over so I can get back to sewing. Eesh. Right now? Nadal / Gonzalez after a rain delay, until probably way past my bed time.
What can’t you get enough of these days?Posted by robyn on September 10th, 2009 under crafts
Handmade High Tech
I'm Robyn. Thanks for stopping by! This is my craft blog.
Contact me at robyn [at] dognamedbanjo [dot] com.